Director of Marketing
RCReports is a simple SaaS solution for accountants to use when they need to determine reasonable compensation for a client. RCReports help accountants answer this difficult question quickly, while providing them with a defensible position and increasing revenues.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will champion RCReports with accountants. This is a key position and once you have quickly become the product expert you will learn, monitor and deeply understand how your customers, competitors and influencers are changing and responding to your product propositions to meet the market for new product innovation. You will drive the adoption and use of RCReports by being an extension of our product development team, as well as working closely with the sales team to ensure effective execution of marketing programs that convert target markets.
Your task is to develop highly effective marketing campaigns; brilliantly target ideal customers and make it all happen on time and on budget. Part analyst, part strategist, part manager, you create and implement strategies, tactics, campaigns and brand messaging.
You are an experienced, knowledgeable director who understands the ins and outs of creating a marking mix of digital and ground marketing strategy, with the skills to execute campaigns, evaluate results, and manage staff — all while keeping tight control over the bottom line.
Your expertise will expand RCReports brand awareness to target markets and provide the sales team with the tools and assets it needs to be successful.
Duties & Expectations:
- Develop and implement marketing plans, including promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions and other marketing projects
- Establish and promote positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific marketing and sales objectives
- Establish and grow a target market share
- Conduct customer, brand and product research initiatives
- Offer expert advice to develop innovative digital advertising, public relations, social media and events
- Manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Assessing the market, competitors, industry trends and customer needs. You should know your market, customers and competition better than anyone and integrate this information into your product marketing plans
- Ensuring the sales team has the right market and customer insights to shape their roadmaps and prioritize the right opportunities to achieve sales goals
- Developing value propositions for products and crafting customer facing messaging for key audiences
- Owning the go-to-market strategies and programs
- Driving adoption and usage of RCReports among our customers.
A day in the life:
- Build deep relationships and awareness with new and existing integration partners
- Act as liaison regarding support materials and other outbound efforts to broaden prospects knowledge and awareness of RCReports
- Articulate a clear set of priorities, joint initiatives, and strategies
- Define success with each relationship, using metrics to analyze success and manage evolution of these relationships
- Research and pre-qualify prospective organizations
- Identify decision-makers and key influencers
- Build the customer acquisition and nurture marketing calendar utilizing email, digital, and SMS to drive conversions at key inflection points in the customer journey — before and during sales interaction
- Define customer segmentation and personalized engagement points in the customer journey
- Define KPIs at each stage of the journey with a commitment to testing and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, especially initial customer acquisition and purchase acceleration
- Own campaign content development, promotions, and asset development
- Manage the day-to-day execution and campaign performance in partnership with the campaign manager
- Maintain the quality assurance of outbound campaigns
- Apply voice of the customer insights to identify customer pain-points, challenges, and hurdles; advise on approaches to eliminate and/or positively enhance customer interactions.
This job might be for you if:
- Experience is the most important requirement. Minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a Manager or Director
- Significant product marketing experience ideally within SaaS sales in the accounting profession
- Experience across varying disciplines of marketing including research, partnerships, data driven marketing and project delivery will be important to your success
- The initiative to work autonomously and lead virtual teams
- A strong sense of ownership and the hustle needed to work in a fast-paced tech business
- The ability to build effective relationships with authenticity, diplomacy and drive
- Thorough knowledge of strategic planning principles and marketing best practices
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Solid command of grammar
- Attention to detail a must
- If you made it this far then include the Key Word Platypus in your subject line or cover letter and you go to the top of the list!
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- Proficient use of creative and graphic design platforms (email design, Adobe Suite)
- Proficient with virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, MS Teams, etc.)
- BS/BA in marketing, communications or relevant discipline
Experience That Might Make our Decision Easier:
- Experience with SaaS and marketing to the accounting profession
- Experience targeting small and midsized business decision makers
- Must have a passion for understanding consumer behavior and creating outstanding customer experiences
- Entrepreneurial and owner mindset, with proven ability to influence and build advocacy for ideas
- Deep B2B customer acquisition experience
- ACT or related CRM experience
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- We are small and growing fast so we may ask you to pitch-in in any number of ways. Help the team and the team will help you
- Additional assignments as required, including covering for co-workers
Workspace and travel requirements
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work remotely with a high-speed internet connection and reliable phone when appropriate. Travel for work purposes is not anticipated for this position. However, attending periodic off-site meetings/retreats is expected.
To get a conversation rolling, read through the opportunity description and shoot us an email at Opportunity@RCReports.com Include a cover letter and your Resume/CV.