Director of Sales
RCReports is a simple SaaS solution for accountants to use when they need to determine reasonable compensation for a client. RCReports help accountants answer this difficult question quickly, while providing them with a defensible position and increasing revenues.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will be responsible for all sales for RCReports. You will manage and oversee all sales activities and develop a highly effective sales team to meet company goals. Your more important attributes will include the ability to create and maintain relationships, manage a huge list of clients and ensure their needs are being met. In addition, you will need to be a leader and motivator to your sales team. You will work closely with the marketing director to ensure effective execution of marketing and sales initiatives that convert prospects to clients.
You will manage and mentor the sales team by developing and implementing sales plans to increase the company’s profit and motivating your team to hit these sales goals. You will also conduct research on the competition and complete pricing studies as needed in partnership with the Director of Marketing.
Your task is to develop highly effective sales campaigns; brilliantly target ideal customers and make it all happen on time and on budget. Part analyst, part strategist, part manager, you create and implement strategies, tactics, campaigns that close sales. At the end of the month/quarter prepare sales reports detailing progress and suggestions for improving future results.
You are an experienced, knowledgeable director who understands the ins and outs of sales strategy, analysis, campaign execution and staff management — all while keeping tight control over the bottom line.
Your success will ultimately be measured by meeting and exceeding company sales goals.
Duties & Expectations:
- Develop key relationships with clients
- Maintain a pipeline full of qualified sales prospects
- Work with engineering and marketing teams
- Responsible for closing new sales and managing current subscribers so they remain active and continue grow
- Create sales reports
- Develop short and long term sales goals
- Observe local and national trends in the market
- Attend conferences and trade shows
- Leadership skills to manage and train sales associates and managers
- Mentor and coach sales managers and associates
- Analyze data to find trends and ward off potential pitfalls
- Ability to accurately forecast sales
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
A day in the life:
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets
- Create and communicate sales goals and ensure stakeholders are updated on progress
- Build and maintain long-lasting, strong relationships with customers while partnering with them to better understand their business objectives and needs
- Understand industry-specific trends and landscapes
- Effectively communicate value propositions through presentations and proposals
- Report on forces that shift strategic directions of accounts and tactical budgets
- Build deep relationships and awareness with new and existing integration partners
- Hit the virtual road, meeting with existing and potential partners and dazzling them with demos
- Define success with each relationship, using metrics to analyze success and manage evolution of these relationships
This job might be for you if:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish in the accounting profession
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of services and products
- Knowledge of how to develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Understanding of how to position products against competitors
- Significant sales experience within a SaaS organization within the accounting profession
- The initiative to work autonomously and lead virtual teams
- A strong sense of ownership and the hustle needed to work in a fast-paced tech business
- The ability to build effective relationships with authenticity, diplomacy and drive
- Thorough knowledge of strategic planning principles and best practices
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Solid command of grammar
- Attention to detail a must
- If you made it this far then include the Key Word Platypus in your subject line or cover letter and you go to the top of the list!
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- Proficient with virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, MS Teams, etc.)
- 7 to 10 years of sales experience in a management level position or above
- BS/BA in business or relevant discipline
Experience That Might Make our Decision Easier:
- Experience with SaaS and sales to the accounting profession
- Experience targeting small and midsized business decision makers
- Entrepreneurial and owner mindset, with proven ability to influence and build advocacy for ideas
- Deep B2B customer acquisition experience
- ACT or related CRM experience
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- We are small and growing fast so we may ask you to pitch-in in any number of ways. Help the team and the team will help you
- Additional assignments as required, including covering for co-workers
Workspace and travel requirements
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work remotely with a high-speed internet connection and reliable phone when appropriate. Travel for work purposes is not anticipated for this position. However, attending periodic off-site meetings/retreats is expected.
To get a conversation rolling, read through the opportunity description and shoot us an email at Opportunity@RCReports.com Include a cover letter and your Resume/CV.