Sales Development Representative
RCReports is a simple SaaS solution for accountants and business valuators to use when they need to determine reasonable compensation for a client. RCReports help accountants answer this difficult question quickly, while providing them with a defensible position and increasing revenues.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will be part of an energetic team of professionals who are goal driven and are committed to serving our customers. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of people within a fun, small company culture and learn about a growing SaaS solution that is needed and wanted in the accounting industry. If you are someone who enjoys working with a close-knit team and is motivated and committed to reaching and exceeding individual and company goals, then this opportunity could be the perfect fit for you.
RCReports is searching for our very first Sales Development Representatives (SDR) to join our remote sales team. Our ideal candidate will be creative and resilient under pressure and demonstrate a passion for sales. This team member will fill an integral role in the sales team and have a direct effect on the success of RCReports. They will serve as the first line of communication between RCReports and our prospects so a positive attitude with a strong work ethic will be the perfect combination. They will meet weekly, monthly, and annual quotas by following prospecting strategies and tactics that have been proven for success while also following their own creative approaches. A hungry sales mindset will flourish in this environment. Following prospecting cadences, booking demo meetings, and making sure those prospects attend the demo meetings are important day-to-day responsibilities. Your more important attributes will include staying organized in a fast-paced environment, setting and completing daily tasks, and having the ability to manage large amounts of leads in a timely and efficient manner. In addition, we are seeking individuals who are motivated to grow into an Account Executive (AE) position and possess the hunger to always sell more. You will work closely with the Director of Sales and the team of Account Executives to ensure effective sales tactics, cadences, and metrics are met. We are a team that is motivated to sell more and to always have fun while doing it.
You are a team player and work well in an environment where everyone collaborates and offers feedback, recommendations, and thoughtful ideas. We are committed to a culture that aligns with peoples’ values and creativity.
You have a deep understanding of the importance of professionalism on calls and in emails. You are a sales professional who performs key sales activities that directly impact the achievements of our sales team, all the while being compensated for those deals that cross the finish line that you were a part of. You don’t perform activities for the sake of bulking up the level of activity, you perform activities that are meaningful and have the intention of generating real opportunities.
Your success will ultimately be measured by meeting and exceeding company sales goals and how you work within our team environment.
Duties & Expectations:
- Follow a concise 30-day SDR training program
- Contribute to weekly sales and all-company meetings
- Show up timely and prepared for all internal and external meetings
- Attend weekly one-on-ones with the Director of Sales
- Work closely with other SDR’s while partnering with AE’s to offer a helping hand
- Develop key relationships with prospects and clients
- Follows a specific prospecting cadence and willing to go the extra mile if need be
- Understanding that everyday will be different. Some days will be heavily call focused while some may be a mixture of duties
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintain and organize a lead queue full of qualified sales prospects (plentiful!)
- Understanding and monitoring basic sales metrics
- Follows sales CRM requirements when inputting data
- Observe local and national trends in the market
- Ability to laugh and become an integral part of a fun, hardworking culture
A day in the life:
- Self-starter, one that begins the day knowing exactly what he/she needs to accomplish
- Monitor and communicate performance and ensure the Director of Sales and AE team are updated on progress
- Pivoting if need be while applying new strategies, pitches, and more
- Understand industry-specific trends and landscapes
- Knowing and reminding oneself that picking up the phone can lead to success
- Effectively communicate the proper pitch to the correct buyer personas
- Managing schedules with a focus on accuracy
- Work collaboratively with the AE team to make sure deals get across the finish line
- Building product and industry knowledge to the point of becoming an AE
- Understanding new product versions and how those new features and functions tie into our mission as a company
- Define success with each opportunity generated, using metrics to analyze and manage evolution of these opportunities to the close stage with the AE’s
This job might be for you if:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (calling is at the forefront of this opportunity)
- Proven ability to get the sales process started from the beginning
- Excellent listening skills to help cater to prospect requests
- Proven ability to articulate the aspects of services and products
- Knowledge of how to properly schedule a remote meeting
- Understanding of how to handle initial objections and scheduling conflicts
- Sales experience or a desire to gain experience within a SaaS organization
- Follows a prospecting cadence while adding your own creative flair
- The initiative to work autonomously and work in a virtual work from home environment
- A strong sense of ownership and the hustle needed to work in a fast-paced tech business
- The ability to build effective relationships with authenticity, diplomacy, and drive
- Prepared to every internal and external meeting
- Solid command of grammar
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- Experience (or the ability to learn) with a CRM system like Salesforce
- Proficient with virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, MS Teams, etc.) and email services such as Outlook
- 1 to 3 years of sales experience in an individual contributor position or a strong desire to enter the sales industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
Experience That Might Make our Decision Easier:
- Experience with SaaS and sales to the accounting profession
- Experience targeting small and midsized business decision makers
- Entrepreneurial and owner mindset, with proven ability to tackle a large lead queue that’s constantly being replenished
- TEAM player that enjoys the feeling of accomplishment and advancement
- Organizing is something you do on a daily basis
- Competitive with others but more importantly, competitive with oneself
- Enjoys speaking with hundreds of new people on a weekly basis
- CRM experience
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- We are small and growing fast so we may ask you to pitch-in in any number of ways. Help the team and the team will help you.
- Additional assignments as required, including covering for co-workers.
Workspace and travel requirements
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work remotely with a high-speed internet connection and reliable phone when appropriate. Travel for work purposes is not anticipated for this position. However, attending periodic off-site meetings/conferences/retreats is expected.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive Base Salary + Uncapped Commission
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance plan (effective day 1)
- Gym Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Home office allowance
To get a conversation rolling, read through the opportunity description and shoot us an email at Careers@RCReports.com. Include a cover letter and your Resume.